Show Your Flavor Rules & Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS
By requesting to participate in this Contest, entrants will be deemed to have automatically accepted these terms and conditions (hereinafter, “Rules”), and, therefore, agreed to be bound to the Terms and Conditions contained therein.The Producer reserves the right to modify the Rules at any time.
The Producer and manager of this Contest is Tropical Distillers LLC . (“Producer”). The Producer is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Contest (including determination of winners, prize-giving, and technical support etc.) For questions or comments, the producer can be emailed at email@example.com-
2) PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The Contest is only open to bartenders (hereinafter, “Entrants or Participants”) who are meet all of the following requirements
- Legal residents of the United States
- Are at least 21 (twenty-one) years as of the date of entry in the Contest
The following categories of subjects cannot participate in the Contest: - Employees of the Producer or its agents, as well as their first- and second-degree family members: Anyone who is employed full time by a spirits, wine or beer brand, including any Contest sponsor brands.
- Video - While not required, adding link to a shared video will help your chances.
3) ENTRY TIMELINE
Registration will take place in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in below: From time entries go live August 2023 Until 23.59:59 (EST) of September 2023. The registration form must be received no later than the closing time, October 6th, 2023.
Any entries received after the Closing Date, or that are deemed incomplete or do not comply with the participation requirements set forth in sections above, or, more in general, contain entries that do not comply with the provisions of these Rules, will not be considered for inclusion in the Contest.
4) HOW TO ENTER
Interested parties must visit the following web page, then proceed with registration at showyourflavor.shopjfhadens.com.
During registration, Participants will be asked to provide the following information:
- First name
- E-mail address
- Cocktail name(s)
- Ingredients of their cocktail, including detailed measurements (including ounces, drops, dashes, scaled for a single serving)
- Glass type
- Garnish type
- Current Employment Location
- Confirmation of Age as 21+ Enrollment and participation in the Contest imply knowledge and acceptance by Participants of every section these Rules, each Participant – in order to correctly complete their registration - must have submitted the form and acknowledge the acceptance of said rules upon submitting their entry. Video is not required but does help in the selection process.
5) LIMITATIONS / RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Maximum of one completed cocktail list entry per bartender but there can be more than one entry per bar or employment establishment. Thus, two bartenders from the same bar can both successfully enter the competition, but one bartender cannot submit more than one entry or represent multiple bars.
If a bartender cannot compete in any subsequent final, he/she may not be replaced by a colleague or another Participant.
6) DRINKS CONTENTS STANDARDS FOR ENTRIES Usage of Sponsored Brands
The cocktails submitted for entry are required to use one or more of the JF Hadens liquors. . If Entrant is selected as a finalist, he/she may be required to recreate the cocktail in the live Regional final. This will be communicated to the Finalists prior to the live event
All product that is indicated as required use will be provided to the Participant during the live contest
All ingredients utilized should be expected to be available to most bars or easily acquired/made and all ingredients should be obtainable — or should be able to be made from scratch — without undue difficulty or expense anywhere within the continental US.
Producer will provide a stock list of ingredients that they will provide during the live competition. All ingredients that are not listed on the stock list will be the responsibility of the Participant to source and transport. Producer will not be responsible if Participant is unable to prepare his/her cocktail because ingredients are unavailable, spoiled, damaged in transit.
Participants must choose legally available ingredients. Implication or use of illegal substances as ingredients will not be tolerated and will immediately disqualify Participant from Contest.
The Producer expressly reserves the right to disallow or disqualify (or prevent from passing through the competition and judging stage) any entry which it considers does not comply with these Content Standards or which it deems inadequate to meet normal standards or that may damage the Producer’s or Sponsor’s image.
By entering this Contest, Participants hereby warrant, represent and undertake that their Content meets the following Content Standards:
- Drinks and drink names must not encourage, condone, promote or glamorize underage, excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcoholic beverages, driving under the influence or any behavior considered antisocial, illegal or immoral;
- Drinks and drink names must not be derogatory or defamatory of any person;
- Drinks and drink names must not be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Drinks and drink names must not promote violence of any kind;
- Drinks and drink names must not be sexually explicit (or contain any nudity);
- Drinks and drink names must not harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- Drinks and drink names must not be targeted at or be likely to appeal to an audience under the age of 21 years old;
- Drinks and drink names must not promote discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Drinks and drink names must not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any person;
- Drinks and drink names must not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent the entrant’s identity or their affiliation with another person or entity
- Drink recipes proposed by the Participants must not violate any intellectual right of third parties.
7) USE OF CONTENT
By entering the Promotion, Participants grant the Producer, its affiliated companies, Contest Sponsor(s) and its sub-contractors the right to use any and all Content supplied to the Producer in connection with the Contest:
- For the purposes of managing this Promotion;
- For promotional and publicity purposes; and in all digital and social media in connection with the
- Producer and Sponsor(s) and the Contest;
- For purposes of the provisions contained in this paragraph G, “Content” includes all of the Content materials as well as any element, recipe and image provided to the Producer by each Participant during participation in the Contest. Participants acknowledge and agree that no additional compensation shall be given to them in relation to the Content in paragraph above since any reward Participants may believe to be entitled to is satisfied by their own participation in the Contest, in the final phase thereof, to receive the Prize, as well as showcase their own Content in association with the Producer’s brand.
8) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
The Participants’ recipes will be evaluated by a panel of judges (“Judges”) selected at the exclusive discretion of the Producer.
The Judges will judge all submitted cocktails blindly and score all cocktails and select the 6 (six) best recipes proposed during registration on the basis of a scoring criteria involving the drink’s Creativity (10 pts), Originality (10 pts), Theme / inspiration (10pts) level of difficulty (10 pts), use of base spirit (10pts) The maximum score awarded is 50.
Participants whose recipe will be among the 6 (six) recipes deemed to be the best ones by the judges, therefore receiving the highest score, and will receive an email at the address provided in their registration form, containing details on the date, location and time of the regional final in which they are invited to participate.
Participants who have been unsuccessful will be notified at the email address provided in their registration form and thanked for their participation.
Successful Participants should regularly check their spam/bulk/junk folders for notification as they will need to confirm their participation in the final to the Producer – at the email provided - within 7 (seven) days from receipt of email of successful selection.
If a Participant cannot be contacted or does not confirm his/her attendance, he/she will lose the opportunity to compete in the final. The Producer reserves the right to ask Participants to submit proof of age, identity and eligibility at any time.
Selected Participants will be selected October 11, 2023. J.F. Haden's 'Show Your Flavor' Cocktail Competition finalists will be announced October 12, 13th, 2023
Participation in the live competition is voluntary. If the selected Participant does not participate in the live competition – for any reason or cause – he/she shall not be entitled to any compensation and/or refund. The Participant selected for the final shall not transfer his/her right to third parties.
The Final prize will be announced prior to the start of the Final Competition date. Finalists will be provided with additional information and terms regarding the Final Prize prior to the Final event.
The Prize will not include travel insurance, transfer to the winner’s departure airport, baggage fees, food and drink purchased outside of the main trip events and meal and other additional costs not expressly listed here
The Producer reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part thereof) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part thereof) and unless the Producer agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
10) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Participants expressly acknowledge and agree that the Producer shall in no case be liable to the Participants, as well as to any of their entitled party - for any reason, title or cause – resulting from any damages (incidental, punitive, exemplary, indirectly) arising out of their participation in the Contest (and any stage thereof), notwithstanding any serious negligence or gross negligence of the Producer and any applicable law.
Notwithstanding any serious or gross negligence on the part of the Producer or any other legally binding applicable law and, in any case, to the extent permitted by any applicable law, the Participants agree hereunder irrevocably and unconditionally to hold the Producer harmless from and against any claim, sum, cost, damage or expense (including reasonable legal fees) incurred in connection with any incident, loss or damage arising from or related to the participation in the Contest (and any stage thereof), including by third parties.
The Participants expressly acknowledge and agree that the Producer will in no case be liable to the Participants, as well as to any of their entitled party - for any reason, title or cause - for the following events (and will not be liable for them), insofar as they occur for independent reasons that are outside the reasonable control of the Producer: (a) any extensions or cancellation of the Contest; (b) any changes to the prizes or the manner in which they can be used; and (c) issues with the award of prizes (such as a prize that cannot reach the recipient).
If the Producer has reason to suspect that any Participant or a third party has behaved fraudulently or contrary to the spirit of competition (including, without limitation, the manipulation of the Contest, the choice of the winner(s) or an entry, or the creation of multiple registrations in order to participate in multiple competitions where it is not permitted), the Producer reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any Participant, his/her request or any person that the Producer reasonably believes to be responsible for or associated with such activity. Under no circumstances, shall the Participant be entitled to any compensation, any title or cause.
11) PRODUCER’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
By completing the registration referred to in this document, all Participants acknowledge the Producers rights of economic exploitation, in all possible forms (such as, but not limited to, creative materials, which may include promotional material, cocktail menus, advertising materials, and cocktail booklets), of Participants’ Content, including but not limited to:
- The recipe(s) of the cocktail(s) presented during the Contest (or stages thereof)
- The name of the cocktail(s) presented during the Contest (or stages thereof)
- The description of the cocktail(s) provided by the Participant, and any photographic material of the cocktail(s) presented by the Participant (or made during the Contest (or stages thereof).
Participants acknowledge and agree that Tropical Distillers LLC ..- as well as its affiliated companies, licensors, agents, successors, business partners, or anyone authorized by Tropical Distillers LLC .- (“ Rights-holders”) may film, photograph and/or, in any event, record, by any means, the Participants during the Contest.
Participants expressly waives all rights that may or may not concern – or that may be related to – the approval of the final material or copies of which Tropical Distillers LLC. or Rights Holders will use, in a manner deemed most appropriate.
The Materials are protected by the law and covered by intellectual property all over the world.
All rights are reserved, and it is prohibited to remove any copyright or other property rights from any material.